A good note manager is hard to find. Often they have too many features or too few, or simply aren't comfortable enough to encourage you to use them as your default note taker. Luckily with CintaNotes you won't have this problem.
CintaNotes is a crisp and configurable note manager. It has hotkeys for clipping text and adding notes, which makes it very easy to use, and displays your information in a clean interface from which you can edit, tag, merge and re-order your notes. CintaNotes is simple to look at, but lovely to use, while the color scheme can be tweaked to your taste. It's like a super-charged clipboard.
On the downside, CintaNotes' editing power is weak and it still doesn't support anything but text. Depending on what you are using it for, this may or may not be a problem, but the inclusion of images etc. would definitely help it appeal to more users. That said, it's free and a dream to use, and is definitely a great download option.
Simple and easy on the eye, CintaNotes will encourage you to jot down your thoughts.
- Ability to tag imported notes: "Add tags" field in the import dialog.Enhancement
- Licensed version is now fully portableEnhancement
- License key file is written into the CintaNotes folder. Only if the write into this folder fails (when e.g. the folder is inside of Program Files), the Application Data folder is used.
- Editor window could open on wrong monitor in a multi-monitor system.Fix
- Editor: Pasting from MS OneNote was not working.Fix
- Search for "-word" with "Search inside words" ON produced wrong results.Fix
- Fixed lost portability because of storing absolute paths to .db files: now relative paths are used for .db files located in the application folder and below.Fix
- Fixed SQLite syntax error on searching for "|".Fix
- Fixed possible "Internal protection error" problem.Fix
- Automatic notebook reloading was not properly working, which could hinder DropBox sync.Fix
- Fixed wrong editor window positioning when closed while partly off-screen.Fix
- Tag highlight highlighted "|" even when it meant OR.Fix
- Fixed huge search performance drop when using the OR operator ("|").Fix
- Fixed CN crash at startup if notebook drive was inaccessible.Fix
- Fixed exception on closing notebook if the next file in MRU list had been deleted.Fix
- Fixed tags filter resetting after clipping even with "Assign active tags" option.Fix